Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Bicycles of Amsterdam


When I leave Corinne and Remco's every day, I pass several houseboats on the Amstel River...










Often times, I have to dodge bicyclists as I cross the bridge or the roads.






But I always am impressed at the kinds of bikes I see... take this one for instance. It's your typical 'take your child to school' bike. A first child bike, if you will.



<
This gentleman is driving the small family addition. Normally two small toddlers ride in the 'wheelbarrow' like addition at the front.




But the creme de la creme, is this "Mini Van of Amsterdam". If only I could get a photo of the intrepid Dutch mother driving this while talking on her mobile phone, holding an umbrella against the rain, and carrying some tulips!

No comments:

Post a Comment