Monday, February 23, 2009

My father



At about 9pm, February 21, 2009 my father, Donald Julius Martin, died. My sister, Alyson, was with him and she said he died very peacefully. I am, of course, grief stricken as I loved my father very much. But he hated not being able to do what he wanted exactly when he wanted and how he wanted and he missed my mother very much. He was extremely independent and active up until last March when he fell and broke his arm which led to him moving in with my sister in Columbia and leaving his beloved house in Sumter. Here's one of the last photos I took of him this Christmas when we cooked his famous spaghetti sauce together in the house in Columbia.

He will be very much missed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. I lost my own father 2 years ago and can somewhat relate. What gets me through is remembering how he lived and what great times we had together. May you and your family find peace at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 AM

    I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:13 PM

    I am so sorry for your loss. May you and your family find some peace in your memories of him, for he shall live forever in the minds of those he has touched. - BP

    ReplyDelete