Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lady Godiva Rides Again...

Well, I had the fabulous love experience in Mexico that i wanted. Sadly, the love part was all in my imagination. I went horseback riding yesterday for the first time ever. A beautiful Mexican man named Mauricio was my teacher. He spoke excellent English, had long flowing hair, a lovely straw cowboy hat, spurs, chaps, the whole nine yards. He took me up into the hills outside of San Miguel Allende where the air smelled like honeysuckle and pinon. And then he said "why don´t we gallop? I want to see the wind in your hair". So we galloped across a field of wild flowers. I kid you not. It was beautiful. The sun was shining, the air was clear and cool, and the horses just ran. I really loved it. Too bad about his Canadian girlfriend. And this morning I woke up feeling like every bone in my body was broken or sprained or bruised.

At least while I hobble around Mexico viewing the musuem of the mummies and Diego Rivera´s childhood home, I have something to remember.

Ahhhh, que hombre....

No comments:

Post a Comment